16 July, 2008

Astronauts

Everyone wants to be an astronaut when they are a child. Not literally everybody of course, but a lot of people, and it is the quintessential reply. Not me, though. I didn't know what I wanted to be. What I most wanted to be was an ant or a bee, but I didn't want to say that out loud. A lot of people in my school class did say astronaut though. And none of them are astronauts now. I only keep in touch with a few of them, but I'm pretty sure I'd know if one of them became an astronaut. None of them are even close. As a related note, I never became a bee or an ant either.

I am an astronaut. I don't know if I'm a good one or not, but compared to my fellow astronauts, I definitely fit in. None of them wanted to be astronauts when they were younger either. Now obviously, not everyone said they wanted to be an astronaut as a child, but presumably, a few times it would have matched up. But I've never seen it. Maybe the recruitment policy for astronauts is really off.

No comments: